15 Dec Vegan Peppermint Mouse
Posted at 20:17h in Radical Recipes
- 1 (14oz) can coconut cream (see notes)
- 1 additional cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut or maple sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 2/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together coconut cream, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and arrowroot powder.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring regularly, until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Whisk until very smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator until completely cooled (several hours or overnight).
- Mixture will be very thick when chilled. Pour mixture into a large bowl and whip with hand mixer about 1 minute, or until mixture loosens and gets a little fluffy.
- Chill and serve when ready!
For this recipe and more go to http://www.superhealthykids.com/